In the course of both a meeting in June 2019 meeting and a conference call in August 2019, the Distance Education Accrediting Commission considered the submissions provided in response to the February 25, 2019 Call for Comment on changes proposed to the DEAC Accreditation Handbook. The comments DEAC received were thoughtful and detailed, providing helpful insights into the process of review. Based upon the feedback it received during the comment period, and in coordination with DEAC's standards committee, the Commission voted to adopt changes to Part II – Policies and Procedures and to Part III – Accreditation Standards, DEAC Accreditation Handbook. The requirements set forth in Part II and Part III are effective August 30, 2019. The Commission will require full compliance with these requirements by January 1, 2020. Click here to read the Report from the Commission regarding these changes.
Some of the changes adopted by the Commission involved minor revisions or rephrasing for clarification purposes while other changes were more substantive. Below is a list of the policies and standards with noteworthy changes that were approved by the Commission. Please consult the DEAC Accreditation Handbook to review these policies and standards.
Part II – Policies and Procedures
- Policy I.C – Eligibility Requirements
Part III –Accreditation Standards
- Standards II.A and II.B – Institutional Effectiveness and Strategic Planning
- Standard VI.C.3 – Faculty Qualifications for Occupational/Technical Associates Degree
- Standard VI.C.5 – Faculty Qualification Equivalency
- Standard VIII.F – Transfer Credits for Undergraduate Degrees
- Standard IX.B.1 – Student Notification of Cancellation